Friday, October 9, 2009

Blissfully Naive

Dear Allison,

Confession: I didn't make that butternut squash soup recipe you suggested. Yes, it was cold and blustery outside, and I had been dreaming of butternut squash soup for hours. Yes, I finally own a blender and that would have been the perfect time to try it out. But...well, the recipe you sent me included a calorie count, and 800 calories in a single cup of soup scared me off. I mean, where's the room for bread?

I made this instead.




Yes, french onion soup isn't generally thought of as healthy. Sure, it's coated in half a block of cheese, and sure, it has buttered toast under that fatty layer. But Epicurious doesn't publish calorie counts, and what you don't know won't hurt you, right?

Love,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that soup was so delicious. I wish I had some more right now. But it seems like a lot of work to make more, let alone lift my bulk out of this comfortable chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're done being Adam's girlfriend, can you be mine next? Or, you know, just cook that for me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, share the love girlfriend. which recipe did you use? i friggin love french onion soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that's Amy's serving pictured, by the presence of the chappy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely with you on the calorie count issue. I can't buy most pre-packaged desserts after looking at the label. But they must be must worse when I bake them myself with real butter, cream, etc. Ignorance is definitely bliss!

    ReplyDelete