Monday, June 8, 2009

Headlines, June 8

Through some complicated connection, Adam receives People magazine’s headlines via e mail every morning. I’m rarely sure what’s more baffling: what celebrities manage to get themselves into, or what People finds the need to cover. From recent days:

Bingo-game organizer Richelle Olson has sued Sacha Baron Cohen claiming a dust up with his Bruno character left her in a wheelchair. Olson says she was assaulted by Cohen and three cameramen who crashed the bingo night she was officiating. /DN 16
What’s more embarrassing: Being a victim of Sacha Baron Cohen’s ambush, or appearing in national press identified as a “bingo-game organizer”? I hope, for this woman’s sake, that she’s at least 75 years old. Otherwise, that’s just mortifying.

Ralph and Karen Guastaferro, who appeared on a 2008 episode of “Wife Swap,” appear to be in legal trouble. FBI and IRS agents raided their suburban Buffalo home on Tuesday. It is not known what the agents were looking for. /NYP 80
What poor intern dredged this up? Because I hardly think the paparazzi are camped out on the lawn on the Guastaferros’ home, waiting for the house of cards to fall. You know when you read the gossip and think, “Geez, I must be getting old. I don’t recognize any of these names”? MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT CELEBRITIES AFTER ALL.

Heather Mills told her fans via Twitter, “Two teenager boys rescued me and my leg today.” The former wife of Paul McCartney lost the artificial limb when she slipped on milk. /DN 23
Where the hell was Heather Mills with milk on the floor? Who drinks milk in public? Was she in a school cafeteria? How does this not merit further explanation? And did her fake leg just snap off? Horrifying.

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag tried to quit “I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” twice in the first two days of filming claiming they’d been stuck with C-listers. Whined Heidi: “I wish they got some real celebrities, like K-Fed.” /DN 19
I have no words.

4 comments:

  1. you could be reading "The Oak and the Calf"
    What's "Get me out of here"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. should have added, I've got a copy, and I understand you'll be down. Do you get Pandora?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are back to blogging. Maybe you will get a book deal from it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm a Celebrity, Now Get Me Out of Here!" is a reality TV show that I've never watched...In addition to Heidi and Spencer, you might remember that Rod Blagoevich (crap, I can't spell that) wanted to jump from jail to appear on it, but the court wouldn't let him...so his wife is on instead. I saw about five minutes of it last night, and it involved celebrities putting their hands in boxes full of mice and spiders.

    ReplyDelete